Thursday, January 28, 2010

Baby Potato

This is my little couch potato:

 
He has discovered the joys of watching television.  Not just any show, mind you, but The Backyardigans. (The Backyardigans is one of my favorite kids shows.)  Periodically throughout the day he points at the chair pictured above and grunts.  When I sit him in his chair he points at the TV and grunts again.  If I put The Backyardigans on, he smiles at me gratefully.  If I put something else on (pretty much anything else) he continues to point at the TV and grunt, more vehemently.  Today when he sat down on the chair he sort of "danced" and made a sing-song sound and I think he was trying to tell me he wanted The Backyardigans.  I turned it on and he rewarded me with his super cute "you're the best mom ever" smile.

 
Avery loves the tag on his blanket.  He's liked it as long as he's been able to manipulate things with his hands.  Even when he was very small, he would play with the tags on his toys as much as the toys themselves.  Playing with his tag is comforting to him and he always wants it when he goes to sleep or when he's tired or when he's watching TV or walking around or.... My favorite is when he drags his entire blanket behind him by the tag. It was a couple of months ago that I saw him for the first time deliberately searching for his tag by running his hands across the blanket edges.  So cute!

Aren't baby hands beautiful?

Should I un-couch his potato?  I'm not sure I'm ready for that just yet!




1 comment:

Debbie said...

That is so sweet! I do love baby hands too. Of course he is a pretty special baby.