Wednesday, June 9, 2010

4th Grade Mountain Man Day

I got to help at Olivia's 4th grade Mountain Man Rendezvous in May.  The kids went to 8 different stations, including dipping candles, making fry bread, sand art, leather stamping, playing games, making a game to take home, helping with thank you gifts for the volunteers and something else I cannot now recall.  And I got to stay for lunch with the 4th graders and take Olivia home 1/2 an hour before school ended!

Here we are while eating Indian Fry Bread - mmmmm! 

Olivia in the foreground, her friend Saige in the background (right) and Saige's dad and grandma, who also helped out all day!

Not to brag or anything, but my little Viva is buff!  She beat this boy several times while doing this stick pull game.  Oh, and now she's strong enough to cut the lawn - most of it, anyway.

2 comments:

Aubrey Anne said...

I love this picture of you and Olivia! And btw, she looks so dang skinny in the stick pull picture... I love that we got to find out that she won several times! Stronger than she looks, I guess.

Debbie said...

I've seen her scamper to the top of a huge tree with no effort, kick a goal and really rock in soccer. She is almost fearless. What a dynamite in that little package. I'm so glad she is doing physical stuff. I was/am so bad at it and I pay...