Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

Today is my mom's birthday!  
Here are some of my favorite things about my mom:
  • She's not afraid to try new things.
  • She's always learning new things (she's way more computer-savvy than I am!).
  • She is always willing to help when asked.
  • She has let many of us kids and our families live with her at different times in our adult lives. 
  • She feeds us dinner whenever we're there near dinnertime and about once a month on Sundays.  It's quite a production to feed that many people.  And she's an AWESOME cook.  She can always whip something up even when there is next to nothing in the pantry!
  • She made soup for my Primary dinner so I wouldn't have to!
  • She plays games with her grandkids and listens to what they have to say.
  • She's grateful when people help her.
  • She doesn't set her heart on material things.
  • She's an amazing teacher - right now she teaches Gospel Doctrine (Old Testament) and she has always been a great Relief Society teacher.
  • She's a hard worker.  
  • She's interested in and has spent a lot of time working on family history.
  • She plans activities for the kids and grandkids to do together for family bonding.
  • I'm sure there are many, many more things I can list, but I've got to get Avery down for his nap now!
Thanks for being so wonderful, Mom.  I am so glad you're my mom and that you raised me the way you did.  I'm grateful for the part you play in my childrens' lives and for raising me in the gospel.  You're the BEST!

 
 
 

2 comments:

Aubrey Anne said...

Ugh. You always show up mine. Just kidding. I cleaned her kitchen, so I win. :)

You're totally right about all this stuff, we have the best mom!

Debbie said...

Oh, wow! What a tribute - much more than I deserve. Thanks, Nat! I love you guys (kids and grandkids) more than you can ever know. Well, maybe you can since you're a mom too.