Thursday, March 12, 2009

"I Have Style!"

Confidence is one of the most confident children I've ever met. She is sure of herself and her abilities. She dresses and does her hair in whatever way she feels looks good. Even if I tell her that something doesn't match, she says that she likes it and that's good enough for her. In fact, last year (3rd grade) when I told her that something she was wearing didn't look good she told me that she had style and that if I had any I would know she did look good! So, I pretty much let her wear what she wants and fix her hair in whatever way suits her because - well, I don't have style! I figure these are things that aren't worth fighting over and I do think it's important for children to learn to act for themselves instead of just doing whatever their friends are doing. Perhaps a bit of independence in these things will help her in the long run.

1 comment:

Krista Miller said...

Kenlee won't even pick out her own clothes. You are lucky!