Thursday, February 11, 2010

Ashlie Has a Dream


Ashlie wrote the following "I Have a Dream" speech after studying Martin Luther King, Jr. and his speech by the same name. Her teacher had her read it to us for the first time at Parent/Teacher conferences.  I echo her words.
 I Have a Dream
            I have a dream that the hurricane of war will cease.  I have a wish that there will be many rivers of peace that will drown the earth.  I wish that the tsunami of divorce will be stopped.  I hope that someday the weeds of depression will be plucked out of the earth to make room for the blossoms of happiness to grow.  I have a dream that the mountain of drugs will swiftly be chipped away.  I have hope that the terrible disease of cancer will leave forever.  I have a dream that the valley of worry will be flooded with the waters of confidence.  I wish that the fog of bad air will be lifted from this world forever.  I hope that the tempest of blackmailing will quickly die away.  
 Ashlie Jackson, age 11


3 comments:

Sky, Jausi, Capree, Cash, & Charly said...

Sounds like a pretty talented young girl!

Debbie said...

Ashlie, this is amazing! I might have to copy it for my blog too.

Aubrey Anne said...

WOW!!!!!