Tuesday, April 20, 2010

A MUST Read

 I recently finished reading Reviving Ophelia: Saving the Selves of Adolescent Girls, by Mary Pipher, Ph.D.  It is a must-read for anyone with daughters.  I truly believe it should be passed out when they're born so you can read it 15 or so times before they become teenagers.  I STRONGLY encourage anyone in contact with girls - and more particularly my daughters - to read this book!  I wish all my girls' school teachers, Primary and Young Women leaders, aunts and uncles, grandparents and their friends' parents would read this book! 

I bought 2 extra copies so I could loan a couple out.  I could put you on my waiting list or you can find it at the library or on Amazon for about $4.00. 

3 comments:

Ken Miller said...

Reviving Ophelia is written from the perspective of girls, but most of the lessons that can be learned from this book are just as applicable to boys.

Its a must read for anyone who has children or grandchildren who are approaching adolescence.

Debbie said...

I will read this. I have such a stack right now of books to read. There's so much out there!

mIcHeLLe said...

I bought this book when Chloe was born and it still sits on my shelf! I will read it!! Also, do you have the book The Wonder of Boys by Gurian? I also bought this and have yet to of read it...but have heard great things about it...you are welcome to borrow it if I ever bump into you :) or check it out at the library...thanks for this post, it may make me break out the books!