Sunday, April 4, 2010

Strep Spreads...

My sweet baby Avery starting throwing up Friday afternoon.  He threw up about 10 times that day, but then acted almost completely normal Saturday.  I was hopeful that he had just eaten something or had a stomach bug since he seemed so much better Saturday.  I even took him to the family Easter dinner because he was doing so much better.  However, he threw up at the end of the party Saturday night and then again twice when we got home.  

 
This morning (Sunday) he had a fever and sat with me through the morning general conference session, in and out of sleep.  He climbed down off my lap each time he saw something interesting he wanted to do, but as soon as he got off my lap he realized he wanted to get back up.  So, I just held him.  He fell asleep for a while, so I asked Rob to take a couple of pictures. 

Rob took him to the doctor (Yeah! He was home for once when a kid had to go to the doctor!) and, alas, baby Avery contracted strep from his big sis.  I should have taken him to the Kidscare Friday night!  My poor little baby is miserable and I could have gotten him help two days earlier.  Anyway, he got a shot and should be on his way to recovery now. 

No comments: