Sunday, May 16, 2010

Inspiring Words


Oh, how I love Marjorie Pay Hinckley; she is one of my heroes.  She just makes me want to be a better person.  Here are some of her quotes I received via email from a friend that makes me want to "Try a little harder to do a little better", as President Hinckley used to say.

"Be kind.  Everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle."

"The family is eternal.  Love must be nurtured.  It must be spoken.  We must put away our pride, our hautiness, our shyness, our misunderstandings, and with humility say, 'I love you.  Is there something I can do to help you?'  You can never be completely happy under any other circumstances."

"We women have a lot to learn about simplifying our lives.  We have to decide what is important and then move along at a pace that is comfortable for us.  We have to develop the maturity to stop trying to prove something.  We have to learn to be content with what we are."

"There are some years in our lives that we would not want to live again.  But even these years will pass away, and the lessons learned will be a future blessing."

"I don't want to drive up to the pearly gates in a shiny sports car, wearing beautifully tailored clothes, my hair expertly coiffed, and with long, perfectly manicured fingernails.  I want to drive up in a station wagon that has mud on the wheels from taking kids to scout camp.  I want to be there with a smudge of peanut butter on my shirt from making sandwiches for a sick neighbor's children.  I want to be there with a little dirt under my fingernails from helping to weed someone's garden.  I want to be there with children's sticky kisses on my cheeks and the tears of a friend on my shoulder.  I want the Lord to know I was really here and that I really lived."


1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love these. I think I need to read her book. She was a beautiful lady and certainly hero material.