Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Enjoying May!

Avery loves this little bike.  It was Alex's, then Gage used it when I babysat him and now Avery's enjoying it.  The only problem is that when it's time to come inside Avery wants to bring it inside too.  He has thrown several fits because I won't let it come inside.  Poor, picked on Avery.


Ashlie is so wonderful with Avery. She helps me out so much; I don't know what I'd do without her.  And (I'm convinced this is the reason) because of her caretaking Avery adores Ashlie.   Regardless of age, you can't help but love people that take care of you.  Conversely, we learn to love those we take care of.

We are borrowing my in-laws fire pit.  It has been so much fun to have around.  We're going to have to get ourselves one of these!  The kids have loved building the fire, roasting hot dogs, marshmallows and s'mores and just hanging out outdoors.  And I have loved all these benefits without the hassles that come with camping!
 
 I love our side yard!  It is such a nice place to be in the spring, summer and fall.  It is on the west side of our house, so there is shade in the hot summer evenings.  In the winter I really miss this extension of our home. 


 My crazy kids!  They were in the mood for a photo shoot one night before bed.  I guess they'll do just about anything to postpone bedtime!



2 comments:

Debbie said...

These are great memory-making moments. I wish we had had a few more of these experiences.

Aubrey Anne said...

That last picture is SO adorable!! I love it! And Ashlie really is wonderful. I'm so glad we have her.