Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Our New Paint Color

I have been wanting to re-paint the family room for some time now.  And by "I", I mean that I wanted someone else to paint the family room for me!  Well, as luck would have it, my dad was willing to fix the ceiling cracks and repaint the family room last month!  Yay!!!  I love the color we ended up with; it just feels so much more friendly and happy than the color we used to have.  I still haven't bought the fabric for new curtains, but wanted to post the pictures of the painting project before too long had passed.  Thanks, Dad!

This is my dad's super awesome power sander for sheetrocking.  He and his dad developed it years ago and with a duct tape repair on the hose now and then it still works!  If I understand correctly, it sands the drywall or repaired part of the wall, then collects the majority of the dust in that handy canvas bag.  He says that as far as he knows it's the only one like it in the world.  My dad learned the art of sheet rocking and wall repair from his father, whom he worked with and for every day after school when he was a teenager.




3 comments:

Debbie said...

Beautiful room. That sander brings back lots of memories too. It's been around a very long time so the idea not only worked but endured.

Debbie said...

Color's great! I really do love your house. Wish you had some more usable space but you've done such nice things with it. How is the flooring coming? I'm jealous!
I tried leaving this comment a minute ago but I'm not sure it went so you can skip one if you get them both.

Krista Miller said...

I think the color is great! Looks sunny and happy :)