Monday, May 30, 2011

Front Porch Photos

Every now and then I insist my children endure some front porch photos.  Here they are before church one Sunday in April:
 
Ashlie (12), Olivia (10), Avery (2), and Alex (7)
 
We added this front porch last fall and then the flower bed in the spring.  Our plan was to extend the roof over the porch with a column on each side and to bump out the dining room, which is the window to the right of the door.  Since we've decided to move we're trying to sell the house without a railing and without extending the roof and dining room.  I have loved having a big porch to relax on and not having a railing doesn't even bother me!

1 comment:

mIcHeLLe said...

cute pictures!!! I also like no railing...if you sell, on the inspection they may say you need one...they made us add a hand railing off our back deck at our old house when we sold it...blah. or they can add it and just ask for $$....ut really cute pictures!!