Sunday, February 8, 2009

Sleeping Soundly


Is there anything more beautiful than a sleeping baby? I have always taken a lot of pictures of my babies when they've been asleep - trying to capture the way it makes me feel I guess. I could just hold or stare at a sleeping baby all day long if it weren't for all the other things that also need to be done. Sometimes I just sit and hold Avery when he's sleeping because it feels so nice that I can't bear to put him down. When Alex was a baby I spent a ton of time just rocking him because I knew how fast these precious months go by. I hope I remember this throughout Avery's first year because all of a sudden he will be ten (Ashlie's age) and I'll be wondering how it happened so fast.

For Avery's second through fourth months, he slept in an "Amby" bed, which is basically a baby-size, baby-safe hammock. Our doctor told us about them when we were having a terrible time getting him to sleep anywhere except on our chests. We looked into it and Rob's parents bought him one. It has been wonderful! He started sleeping through the night and when he wiggled, it bounced him (the hammock part hangs from a giant spring). We finally moved him to the crib about a week ago because he was getting squirmy enough that he would work himself all the way to one end of the hammock. Goodnight, sweet baby, and I'll see you in half an hour or so!

1 comment:

Aubrey Anne said...

Cute!!! You are the one who told me I need lots of pictures of my kids while they sleep, otherwise I never would have thought to do it! I remember saying, "What?? Risk waking up my babies with a camera flash??" but it seriously has been worth it!