Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Question of the Day #1

I've decide to periodically post a question of the day...because I love to read your comments! Feel free to write as much or as little as you want. Here's today's question:
If family, job, etc. were not a consideration in where you chose to live, where would you most like to live?
I like living in Utah. This is where I want to live. Sure, the winter gets too cold and stays too long, but I haven't found any other place that has more benefits and/or fewer drawbacks for me. I actually prefer cold weather to super hot or sticky, humid climates. I love Bountiful because of the old neighborhoods and established trees, etc. I mostly just want to live where there is a community of people doing their best to be good people and I feel I have that in our neighborhood.

I like that pretty much all the places I want to go are nearby (the Olive Garden is still way too far away, but at least now we have Texas Roadhouse!). I have no particular love of the ocean or "the city" or anything like that. I also love that it's not too far to get to lakes for waterskiing or mountains for camping.

3 comments:

Debbie said...

As for Utah, I LOVE living in Bountiful - close to work, close to everything in my opinion and a wonderful, mostly safe community. But, Utah weather?? I would prefer a more moderate climate but would have a hard time trading the lifestyle for the weather. Balmy oceanfront sounds great for retirement actually!

mIcHeLLe said...

yeah, i'm not really a Winter lover...I love a great snowstorm here and there...then i'm done w/Winter.....however I would never give up my neighborhood...we have really found a gem here...and it is the most perfect place for our kids to grow up....if I could change anything I would increase my property size to 2 acres.....and I would love more diversity in all of Utah in general....but am very happy here.

Aubrey Anne said...

I love Utah for all the same reasons you said! I hate the cold, but I'm not sure I could ever live anywhere else ever again!