Monday, August 24, 2009

Happy Birthday, Vivacious!

My sweet little Vivacious turned 9 today. I can't believe she's so old already! She is a middle child and I see many traits in her that were mine as a child (i.e. need for reassurance that she's great, comparisons with the other kids). She is very good at memorizing and knows several children's books and a couple of poems. She gets along well with just about everyone and is a kind friend. She is also a very smart girl; she does well in all subjects of school and her teachers have always loved having her in their classes. She seems to do well at everything she tries. This year she played softball, took dancing and piano lessons and just began soccer. She is a fast runner and likes to race. Vivacious really is a beautiful girl (and she looks more like me when I was a kid than my other kids do). She loves to play card games and snuggle and tries to get her dad and I to rub her back or run our fingers through her hair constantly! Vivacious started 4th grade today (she's the youngest in her class) and her first-day-of-school picture is posted below.

Even if she weren't all of these things, I would still love her forever just because she is my daughter. She has a sweet spirit and I am excited to see what kind of woman she becomes as she grows up. I know Heavenly Father sent her to me and I'm happy that she is part of our forever family. I will do my very best to teach her the important things she needs to know to be happy as an adult and will try to give her all the attention that she needs.

Here are some pictures that have been taken in the last couple of months.


1 comment:

Debbie said...

I love all these pictures and I love these kids!