Saturday, October 30, 2010

But I Don't Even Own a Denim Jumper

 
In September I was released from my calling as Camp Director and called to be the First Counselor in the Primary presidency.  I was really sad and a little bit insulted when I was released because they told me I would be Camp Director for 2 years.  It made me feel like they weren't happy with the job I had done, but I'm pretty much over that now and am so happy to be in the Primary presidency!  I LOVE the Primary kids and I think this calling is going to be a good fit for me.  I love how hilarious Primary-age (3-11) kids are.  They say the darndest things! 
The others in our presidency are all people I love, which makes being in a presidency so much easier!  AND, I got the best compliment the first week I did Sharing Time: someone told me I was a 'natural teacher'!  I've never gotten a compliment like that before! Anyway, I'm happy to be serving where I am needed.
Note: Although I don't know this for sure, the picture at the top of this post has to be the work of Paul Mann, who is a member of our ward.  I found it on Sugardoodle, where they just referenced the Friend issue it was taken from. My girls and I recognize those in the painting as Megan Murri, Crystal Hadlock and Grant Peterson, all members of our ward.

1 comment:

Rachel said...

Rumor on the street is that my little kids love having you in Primary and my older kids were sad you don't get to do camp next year! You did do a fabulous job at camp and will be awesome in Primary...what a multi-talented gal!