Saturday, October 30, 2010

A Trip to Logan

For Olivia's first home schooling field trip, I decided to take her on a day trip to Logan, where I went to college (Utah State).  We had a great day together and came home closer than we were when we left, which was the primary purpose of the trip.

We went to First Dam, ate a picnic of Subway sandwiches, then fed the ducks there and played with the soccer ball.





Olivia slept the whole way home, clutching the souvenir we bought at a consignment shop on our way out of town.  We also stopped at an awesome antique shop that was SO much fun (except for trying to keep Avery from touching things!).

Little Avery was all tuckered out by the end of the day and slept the whole way home too.
 One of the things we went to see: fall leaves changing colors in Sardine canyon:
 Our first stop was the Logan temple.  I love this temple because it looks like a castle.  It's a pity I've never been inside this one!


We couldn't leave Logan without eating some famous Aggie ice cream!  I almost forgot to take a picture of that stop, so it was taken right before we got in the car. I also stopped at all 4 of the apartments I lived in in Logan and took a picture of each one, but I'll spare you the boredom of going through those - for now, at least. 

We had a lot of fun together and it was good for her to feel like she got something special that the other kids didn't get.  Olivia tends to feel like she doesn't get enough attention and sometimes acts out to make sure she gets some.  Much of the reason I'm home schooling her this year is so that she will have enough time with me and so that we can strengthen our relationship.   


No comments: