Thursday, July 30, 2009

How to Post a Comment

I've decided to write instructions for leaving a comment on my blog for those who do not yet know how easy it is and might want to leave one. I am no expert in this area, but I'm pretty sure these instructions will give you the information you need.

It should be noted that I really like to get comments! Even if you're writing a (polite) conflicting opinion, I like to hear from you (unless you're disputing the cuteness of my children or other such sensitive issues)! Judging from comments I've read, one can post really, really long comments, so don't hold back!

Posting a Comment on My Blog

Step 1: Click on the words below the posting, "# Comments"
Step 2: Write your comment in the box that pops up.
Step 3: Write the verification word as you see it. If you get it wrong, they'll give you another one to try, so don't stress out. This is not a test.
Step 4: Choose an identity. Click on the radial button beside "anonymous" or "Google Account"
Note - If you choose to leave an anonymous comment, please put your name in the comment box so I know who commented. If you post anonymously, skip step 5.
Step 5: Sign in to your Google or Blogger account (either one works) with your user name and password. (To set up your user name and password, see instructions below.) If you have a secure computer from which you'll be commenting, you can stay signed in much of the time, but you will occasionally have to sign back in so you should remember your login info.
Step 6: Click on the "Publish Your Comment" button.

A message will appear that says "Your comment has been saved and will be visible after blog owner approval". If this message does not show up (it's small & centered, in green lettering), your comment has not been posted, so go back and try again.


To Set Up Your Google Account

Step 1: Below the radial button that says, "Google account", it says, "No Google Account? Sign Up Here." Click on the words, "Sign Up Here".
Step 2: Enter your email address twice.
Step 3: Enter your chosen password twice.
Step 4: Enter the name you would like displayed next to your comment.
Step 5: Enter the word verification, just like in step 3 of "Posting a Comment on My Blog" above.
Step 6: Click on the "Acceptance of Terms" box.

Now remember the username and password. There you go! Post some comments now!!!

5 comments:

mIcHeLLe said...

this is how you leave a comment :)

Anonymous said...

NO-CAN-DO. It's too complicated.
Do you have any idea how many steps you've just listed?
I mean, if I had an RN4Kids degree like Michelle ... maybe!
But for your average SAH mom there's just no way.
Our brains are fried now.
I've tried to set up a Google account several times, but I can't ever remember my password. Some places are so picky --it has to be 'so' long, and contain letters AND numbers-- if a business refuses to accept my standard-for-everything password, our relationship will just not work out.
If it weren't for that "Anonymous" option you'd never even get to hear from me! -Jenn
(And yep, I'm actually helping educate the next generation!! Scary:).

mIcHeLLe said...

ha!! that's awesome!

Ken Miller said...

I never leave comments on people's blogs. No one seems to understand them when I do. :)

Aubrey Anne said...

Ok, we know how... now give us something new to comment on! :)